Taking to her Twitter handle, Tsai Ing-wen stated, "Praying for everyone affected by the train accident in India. I extend my heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families, and hope that rescue operations can save all those in need."
Foreign Ministers of Australia and Sri Lanka on Saturday condoled the loss of lives in the Odisha triple train mishap in Balasore that claimed 238 people and injured over 900.
Several trains have been cancelled while many were diverted following a major accident in Odisha's Balasore where three trains collided claiming the lives of 233 people and injuring around 900.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday arrived at Balsore in the State, the site of last night's mishap involving three trains in which the death toll this morning had gone up to 238 and over 900 injured.
Efforts are underway to cut the only bogie left which was severely damaged after the horrific train accident in Odisha's Balasore, state Chief Secretary Pradeep Jena said on Saturday.
The Odisha government declared a day of mourning on Saturday in the wake of the horrific train derailment in Balasore, which claimed the lives of more than 200 passengers and left another 900 injured on Friday evening.
"We can't bring back the ones we have lost in this accident but will provide all possible help to the Railways as well as the state government. We will try to provide relief to as many distressed persons as possible," the BJP's Bengal chief added.
Odisha chief secretary Pradeep Jena on Saturday confirmed that the death toll in the train accident in Balasore has risen sharply to 207 and the number of injured passengers is now at 900.
US Department of State's Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs tweeted, "Deeply saddened by a tragic train crash in eastern India with reports of many injured or dead. Our deepest sympathies to all those facing the loss of their loved ones."
Speaking to ANI, Sarangi said, "We have deployed 14 teams at the spot. More than 400 injured people have already been evacuated from the mangled coaches to different hospitals. We have recovered more than 120 bodies so far and the death toll might go up as the ongoing rescue operation pro