"We can't bring back the ones we have lost in this accident but will provide all possible help to the Railways as well as the state government. We will try to provide relief to as many distressed persons as possible," the BJP's Bengal chief added.
Odisha chief secretary Pradeep Jena on Saturday confirmed that the death toll in the train accident in Balasore has risen sharply to 207 and the number of injured passengers is now at 900.
US Department of State's Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs tweeted, "Deeply saddened by a tragic train crash in eastern India with reports of many injured or dead. Our deepest sympathies to all those facing the loss of their loved ones."
Speaking to ANI, Sarangi said, "We have deployed 14 teams at the spot. More than 400 injured people have already been evacuated from the mangled coaches to different hospitals. We have recovered more than 120 bodies so far and the death toll might go up as the ongoing rescue operation pro
"I have issued an order for a high-level probe to find out why this derailment happened. It is important to get to the root cause of this tragic accident," said the Railways minister.
Mandaviya stated that AIIMS Bhubaneswar has been instructed to make plans for emergency, ICU, and OT beds and that all the physicians, nurses, and staff in the hospital have been directed to offer all possible assistance to those injured in the accident.
Following the horrific derailment incident in the Balasore district involving two passenger trains and a good carriage, which left 120 passengers dead and at least 600 injured on Friday evening, all BSKY-accredited private hospitals have been instructed to admit accident victims and provi
Speaking to ANI on the horrific accident, the state chief secretary said, "As per the latest information that we have received at 11.45 pm, 600 people were injured and they have been shifted to hospital. The exact number of casualties is yet to be determined. As of now, the figure we have
Maldivian Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid took to his Twitter to console the loss of lives in the accident. "Deeply saddened to hear the news of the tragic train accident in Odisha, #India, leading to loss of lives and injuries to many. My heartfelt condolences to the families of the vict
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) DIG Manoj Kumar Yadav on Friday said search operations were underway inside the derailed passenger train coaches in Odisha's Balasore and the primary focus was on mobilising emergency rescue and relief.
"Landed in Kolkata to the unfortunate news of the train mishap in Balasore. My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost their loved ones," he said.