Speaking to ANI, the IG Operation of NDRF said, "The operation is still continuing. So far, the state government has announced 238 dead and more than 900 injured. Hopefully, by today evening, we should be able to close the operation".
Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan on Saturday reached Balasore Medical College and Hospital where some of the injured in the Odisha triple train accident have been admitted
"...extremely tragic train accident...I have to thank the local teams, local people and others who have worked overnight to save people from the wreckage...Railway safety should always be given the first preference...," said Naveen Patnaik.
"The train accident in Odisha is heart-rending. I pray to God that may the soul of the deceased rest in peace and the bereaved families have strength in this hour of grief," said Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Saturday expressed grief over the loss of lives in the triple train accident in Odisha. He offered condolences to the families of victims who lost their lives in the accident.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday deployed Mi-17 helicopters for the evacuation of deceased and injured in the Odisha triple train accident, informed Eastern Command.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has convened a meeting to review the situation of the Odisha triple train accident that claimed the lives of 238 leaving several injured, informed Government of India Sources.