Launching the largest ever operation in the battle against Naxalism, security forces on Friday launched a decisive fight against the cadre of banned outfit in insurgency-hit Bijapur Chhattisgarh by mobilising a strong posse of around 10,000 security personnel to the top of Karegutta hill
Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister Vijay Sharma stated that Home Minister Amit Shah provided guidance on the necessary steps to eliminate Naxals from the state during the meeting held on Saturday.
Police said, "Naxalites carried out an IED blast in Abujhmad today. Due to the blast, dust and mud entered the eyes of a jawan and an officer, after which they were evacuated from the operation area for treatment. No one suffered any serious injuries in the IED blast."
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai congratulated security personnel for neutralizing 31 Naxalites in one of the biggest encounters at Indravati National Park in Bijapur district on Sunday morning.
The villager, identified as Harma Hemla, was killed on accusations of being a police informer. The incident took place in the Kakadi village, within the PS Aranpur, according to the Dantewada Police.
In a groundbreaking development, the Jal Jeevan Mission has brought clean drinking water to the Naxal-affected Chunchuna village in Balrampur, Chhattisgarh, the first time since Independence.
Addressing the media, Shah said "In the past year, a large number of Naxalites have been killed. Under the leadership of the Chhattisgarh government, commendable action has been taken against Naxalites in the state with a very good strategy. We will eliminate Naxalism from the country by Mar
Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister Vijay Sharma on Thursday reported significant progress in combating Naxalites, stating that actions are taken based on credible information.
A joint anti-Naxal operation involving DRG, CRPF, and STF from Narayanpur, Dantewada, Jagdalpur, and Kondagaon districts commenced on December 10, targeting South Abujhmad.
Earlier in the day, five Naxalites were killed, and a large cache of weapons was recovered during an ongoing exchange of fire between security forces and Naxals in the Abujhmadh jungle on the Kanker-Narayanpur border in Chhattisgarh.