After the successful rescue of 41 workers trapped in the Silkyara Tunnel since November 12, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has said that in the coming time, the government will also review all the tunnels in Uttarakhand to avoid such situations.
Norway's Ambassador to India, May-Elin Stener, commended the rescue team in Uttarakhand after all 41 workers trapped for 16 days in a collapsed portion of an under-construction tunnel in Uttarkashi were brought out safely on Tuesday evening.
Moments after the input received that all the 41 workers trapped in the Silkyara tunnel in Uttarkashi had been evacuated, Union Home Minister Amit Shah termed it "great news for the nation" as they were rescued "safe and sound" and said the nation salutes their grit in facing such a challeng
As a much-awaited moment has been achieved by rescuing 41 workers trapped in the Silkiyara Tunnel since 12 November, it is an opportune moment to speak about a silent and resilient force, the Border Roads Organization behind these rescue operations.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday praised the bravery and determination of rescuers involved in the Silkyara tunnel operation, saying that they have given new life to the labourers, who were trapped in the tunnel for the last 16 days, adding that the mission has set an "example of h
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has been monitoring and taking regular updates on the well-being of two workers from the Kokrajhar district, who are among the 41 trapped inside an Uttarkashi tunnel, a portion of which collapsed on November 12, the Chief Minister's Office (CMO) infor
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that the government and all the agencies together are leaving no stone unturned to evacuate the workers trapped in the Uttarakhand tunnel for the last two weeks and that we have to pray for them to get out safely and as soon as possible.
As rescue personnel raced against time to reach the workers trapped inside an under-construction tunnel, the process of removing the Auger machine from the debris is underway, and the process is being done by cutting through a plasma cutter machine.
Vertical drilling, one of the several chalked-out options to bring out 41 workers who have been trapped inside the Silkyara tunnel in Uttarkashi since November 12, finally started on Sunday afternoon.
National Disaster Management Authority Member, Lt General Syed Ata Hasnain (retired) on Saturday said that there has been no movement in the last 24 hours in the drilling work to rescue the 41 workers trapped in the Uttarkashi tunnel for 13 days.
Apart from that, as part of efforts to provide assurance to 41 workers trapped in the Silkyara tunnel and relieve their stress, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has stepped in to provide them with a landline through which they can talk to their families.