The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has prepared a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the disposal of the 28 unidentified bodies of the Balasore train accident, according to a statement issued by BMC on Sunday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that the emergence of human values, and compassion just after the Bahanaga incident has re-established our trust in the conscience of our society.
“I was able to start a GoFundMe page. I reached out to schools, districts, friends and family and raised over USD 10,000. Hopefully, this money will be able to go and help the people who have been affected deeply by this. I believe a little goes a long way and hopefully this is a go
"The letter received last week by the SCR Divisional Manager threatened that an Odisha-like rail accident will take place on the Hyderabad-Delhi route," Rakesh, CPRO, South Central Railway said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik sanctioned Rs 2.49 crore for the reconstruction of Bahanaga high school in Balasore which was turned into a makeshift morgue following the tragic train mishap on June 2.
After the Indian football team sealed the Intercontinental Cup 2023, they have decided to donate a part of the cash award towards "relief and rehabilitation" to the families affected by the triple train tragedy in Balasore.
"He will also visit the Balasore District Hospital and will meet with the officials of the Hospital and District administration. Apart from this, Vaishnaw will inspect and review the development of Balasore Railway Station," according to the Ministry of Railways.
Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw is scheduled to visit Balasore in Odisha on June 21, two weeks after a tragic rail accident occurred in the district.
Terming his remarks "ill-informed" and shocking" Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Sunday shot back at the senior Congress leader KC Venugopal for hitting out at the Centre over "skyrocketing airfares" and said Indian economy is in the pink of health.
The teacher emphasized that the reports suggesting the presence of spirits are untrue. However, due to the concerns raised by parents and students, the decision has been made to demolish the current school building and construct a new one.