The ongoing controversy surrounding Kamal Haasan's movie 'Thug Life' has taken a new turn, with the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) reaffirming its demand for an apology from the actor.
The court has adjourned the hearing to June 10, 2025, allowing time for dialogue between the petitioner and the KFCC. The petitioner has agreed not to screen the movie in Karnataka until the matter is resolved.
Actor Kamal Haasan has shared his response to the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) after the film union body decided to ban the release of his film 'Thug Life' in Karnataka amid the ongoing controversy around his "Kannada is born out of Tamil' remark.
A pro-Kannada organisation, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike, attempted to lay siege to the theatre in Kamakshipalya, Bengaluru, to restrict the release of Kamal Haasan's 'Thug Life' on Sunday.
KFCC president M. Narasimhalu told ANI that people in Karnataka are upset with Haasan for his alleged comment that "Kannada is born out of Tamil," which he reportedly made during a promotional event in Chennai. Narasimhalu said that if the actor does not "apologize" before the movie's releas
Actor Kamal Haasan reiterated his belief in "law" and "democracy" while responding to the ongoing controversy around his Kannada language remark during the promotion of his movie 'Thug Life' in Chennai. The actor said that he won't "apologise" to anyone for his actions if he is "not wrong".
The Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) has banned the release of Kamal Haasan starrer Thug Life over the actor's controversial remark about the Kannada language during the audio launch of his movie in Chennai last week.