Speaking to reporters outside the Maharashtra Assembly, Ashish Shelar said, "In the true sense, the Mahayuti government, and Devendra Fadnavis maintained complete loyalty to the Marathi mind, Marathi language, and Marathi people. BJP did not make it a prestige issue."
Shiv Sena leader Manisha Kayande on Monday, speaking on the imposition of Hindi in the state, stated that the public had understood that the hatred of the Hindi language was bigger than the love for Marathi.
He further stated that a new committee led by Narendra Jadhav would give a report on the decision, further stating that the government had appointed financial experts for the decision of the education sector.
Addressing the media, Raut stated that lying was the BJP's "national policy.", further challenging the BJP that if Thackeray had submitted the Mashelkar committee report, it should have been made public.
Speaking to reporters outside the Maharashtra Assembly, Pawar said, "Many political parties opposed the GR released by the Maharashtra government regarding the three-language policy. Marathi journalists and social organisations were also against it. When all of them got united on this matter
Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday launched scathing attack on Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis accusing him of being "against the Marathi language" as the government withdrew its resolutions on three language policy and announced formation of new committee to di
Maharashtra Government on Sunday cancelled the two orders on implementation of the three-language policy after facing heavy criticism from the opposition, who accused them of "imposing Hindi" on the people of the state.
Amid the ongoing debate over the Maharashtra government's alleged move to make Hindi compulsory across all classes, Maharashtra Assembly CLP and Congress leader Vijay Wadettiwar stated they were not against Hindi but against its imposition.
Shiv Sena (Uddhav Thackeray) faction leader Sanjay Raut on Saturday stated that the decision to introduce Hindi as a third language in Maharashtra schools was not made by the state government, but was "imposed" by the central government.
The Maharashtra government is planning to make Hindi compulsory up to Class 4 under the 'Three Language Policy.' This move has been previously slammed by other opposition leaders, including NCP-SCP chief Sharadchandra Pawar and Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday stated that the final decision regarding the three-language formula will be taken only after discussions with litterateurs, language experts, political leaders, and all other concerned parties.