Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya held a meeting with World Health Organisation (WHO) Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on the sidelines of the G20 Health Ministers' Meeting which will start on Thursday (today) at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed WHO (World Health Organisation) DG Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to India. Prime Minister Modi used the name 'Tulsi Bhai' for Dr Tedros, a name the Prime Minister gave to the Director General on his last visit.
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Wednesday praised India for its investment in primary healthcare, saying that "the investment in primary healthcare in Ayushman Bharat by the government of India is the right investment."
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya addressed the 76th session of the World Health Assembly centered on the theme of 'Health for All' in the presence of Dr Tedros, Director General, World Health Organization and Health Ministers from across the world.
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya addressed the 76th session of the World Health Assembly centered on the theme of 'Health for All' in the presence of Dr Tedros, Director General, World Health Organization and Health Ministers from across the world.
He said that on Wednesday, the emergency committee for mpox met and recommended him that the multi-country outbreak of mpox no longer represents a public health emergency of international concern.
"It's getting to a place and a time where I'm getting ready to close the Weeknd chapter," he told in a recent interview. "I'll still make music, maybe as Abel, maybe as The Weeknd. But I still want to kill The Weeknd. And I will. Eventually. I'm definitely trying to shed that skin and be re
"It is therefore with great hope that I declare #COVID19 over as a global health emergency. However, that does not mean COVID-19 is over as a global health threat. Last week, COVID-19 claimed a life every three minutes - and that's just the deaths we know about," Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebrey
World Health Organisation (WHO) condemned the loss of lives in Sudan on Thursday as clashes continue to deepen between the army and the paramilitaries in the country.
"These data could have -- and should have -- been shared three years ago," Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the WHO's director general, said. The missing evidence now "needs to be shared with the international community immediately," he said.