The ministry said three of the seven sorties crossed the median line of the Taiwan Strait and entered the island's northern and southwestern Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ). "We have monitored the situation and responded," the MND stated in a post on X.
Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence on Saturday reported a significant surge in Chinese military activity, with 27 sorties by aircraft of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) detected operating around the island from 0800 hours (local time) today.
Tensions in the Taiwan Strait emerged again as Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence (MND) reported tracking significant military activity by China in the past 24 hours.
Starting at Shakespeare Beach, England, on August 24, Thadani reached Cap Gris Nez, France, on his second attempt at the feat. His first try in 2023 ended after 10 hours, but sheer determination pushed him to return stronger.
Speaking at a gathering of military personnel, including several high-ranking officers, at the Ministry of National Defence, Lai said, "We all know that the current security environment is more severe than ever before. In recent years, the Chinese communists have persistently conducted high-
Taiwan President William Lai urged strengthening defence and national unity, warning that China's military activities threaten Taiwan and the democratic world. He highlighted reforms, increased defence spending, and public solidarity as key to safeguarding sovereignty and democracy, praising
The Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) handled 94 incidents between January and last month concerning the personal safety of Taiwanese businesspeople in China, according to a report by the Taipei Times.
According to the Taipei Times, the statement followed the Australia-UK Ministerial Consultations (AUKMIN) held in Sydney on Friday, hosted by Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong and Defence Minister Richard Marles, with British Foreign Secretary David Lammy and Defence Secretary John Heal
Taiwan's internet connectivity could be severely hit if China decides to block or delay undersea cable repair missions in the event of a Taiwan Strait conflict, Taipei News reported, citing a detailed assessment by US-based intelligence firm Recorded Future.
The annual "Kinmen-Xiamen Strait Crossing Swim," originally scheduled for July 26, has been cancelled after Chinese participants failed to obtain entry permits, Kinmen Deputy County Magistrate Lee Wen-liang confirmed Wednesday, Focus Taiwan reported.