South Eastern Railway Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO) Aditya Kumar Chaudhary on Friday said that all lines in Odisha's Balasore district, where the tragic train accident took place earlier this month, are fit and trains are plying on all four lines.
South Eastern Railway CPRO Aditya Kumar Chaudhary on Wednesday informed that there are 688 cases of compensation so far and Rs 19.26 crores have been disbursed till date in connection with the Odisha train accident.
South Eastern Railway has denied reports that a loco pilot died in the triple train accident is Balasore and said that he is stable and undergoing treatment in a hospital in Bhubaneswar.
A total of Rs 15.6 crore have been provided as compensation to the families, whose kin have been affected in the triple train accident in Odisha's Balasore, an official of South Eastern Railway said on Tuesday.
The three-way accident involved Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express, the Coromandel Express and a goods train on three separate tracks at Bahanaga Bazar Station in the Balasore district.
Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis called Balasore train accident "very heartbreaking" and offered his condolences to the bereaved family on Saturday. Fadnavis further informed that he has cancelled all his public programs.
By Saturday morning, the death toll has risen to 238 in the June 2 collisions in which the 12864 Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express, on its way to Howrah, derailed and fell on adjacent tracks at Bahanaga Bazar of the South Eastern Railway in Balasore. The incident took place at 7.10 pm aroun
"As per the information received till now, there are 238 casualties. Around 650 injured passengers have been taken to the Hospitals of Gopalpur, Khantapara, Balasore, Bhadrak and Soro," the South Eastern Railway said.