Naxal Commander Mallojula Venugopal Rao, alias Sonu, a senior CPI (Maoist) leader and its Politburo member, along with 60 other Naxalites, surrendered in the presence of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at the Gadchiroli Police headquarters.
In a significant development, 103 Maoists surrendered to authorities in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, abandoning weapons valued at over Rs 1 crore, officials said on Friday.
Chhattisgarh Deputy Chief Minister Vijay Sharma on Wednesday asked the Naxalites who are attacking teaching volunteers and hindering education in the State to stop civilian killings and surrender their IDs.
"This country will be free of Naxalism by March 31, 2026. Many people believe that the Naxalite problem will end with the end of armed activities. But this is not the case. Why did the Naxalite problem arise, grow, and develop in this country? Who provided its ideological support? Until I
In a post on the X platform, Amit Shah said, "Today, our security forces have achieved another major victory against the Naxalites. In the Abujhmad region of Narayanpur along the Maharashtra-Chhattisgarh border, our forces eliminated two Central Committee Member Naxal leaders - Kadari Satyan
A woman Maoist carrying a reward of Rs 5 lakhs was killed in an encounter with security forces on Thursday in the Sukma district. The Maoist was wanted in 9 serious cases in the Sukma and Dantewada districts.
According to Gariaband Superintendent of Police Nikhil Rakhecha, the Naxalite, identified as Jansi, joined the banned organisation in 2005 and had been operating across different parts of the state for the past two decades.
According to the Hazaribagh SP, Sahdev Soren (alias) Parvesh, a member of the Central Committee, carried a reward of Rs 1 crore. Another neutralised member, Raghunath Hembram, was a member of the Bihar-Jharkhand Special Area Committee and carried a reward of Rs 25 lakh. Meanwhile Birsen G
According to officials, acting on credible intelligence inputs about the presence of Maoists in the southwestern region of Bijapur, a search operation was launched by a team of the District Reserve Guard (DRG). The operation led to an exchange of fire on the morning of September 12, during w
The operation was carried out jointly by the 207 Battalion of CoBRA and the Chhattisgarh Police, who also recovered the bodies and weapons of the slain extremists.