In Chhattisgarh's Bastar region, a young tribal doctor named Prakash Kumar Gota, who lost three family members to Naxalite violence, has decided to contest the upcoming elections as an independent candidate.
The fierce firefight that broke out on Tuesday ended on Wednesday, the security forces informed through an official release, adding that the toll on the Naxal side could mount further as many more are believed to be injured and are still not accounted for.
Ten Naxals including a woman Naxalite were killed in an encounter with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur, Bastar IG, P Sundarraj said on Tuesday.
The tally of Naxalites killed in an encounter between security forces and Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur has gone up to 10, police officials said on Tuesday.
A Naxalite was killed and a weapon recovered from his possesion after an encounter broke out during the Leftwing outlaws and security forces in the Bijapur district on Tuesday.
"One Naxal has been neutralised in an encounter with security forces in Sukma. His body and weapons have been recovered and the search operation is underway," Sukma Superintendent of Police (SP) Kiran Chavan said speaking to ANI.
Due to fear of Naxalite attacks, many polling booths in the Gaya district used to be shifted to safer places. Voters found it very difficult to vote in such adverse conditions. Gaya SSP announced that this year polling stations situated in naxal-affected areas would not be shifted.
NIA had earlier, in May 2021, filed its original chargesheet in the case known as the Munchingput conspiracy case. Seven accused had been chargesheeted at that time.
According to DSP Krishna Kumar Chandrakar, two Naxalites were killed in an encounter at Dantewada's Bijapur border area of Chhattisgarh today. During the search, the police seized two knuckle dusters, a large quantity of ammunitions.