Multiple explosions took place at a prayer meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Kalamassery area of Kochi at around 9:00 am and have claimed at least two lives so far.
After concluding the all-party meeting on the Maratha reservation, Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Monday said that the government has decided to give reservations to Marathas and accepted many of the protesters' demands.
Maratha outfits have called for a bandh on Monday (September 11) in protest against the recent lathi charge by the police in Jalna district against protesters demanding reservation in Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra government on Monday tendered an apology for the lathicharge during a protest over Maratha reservation in Jalna and appealed for peace.
Amid tension in Maharashtra's Jalna after a lathi charge on protestors over the Maratha reservation, Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday apologized on behalf of the Government.
The protestors in Jalna protesting for Maratha reservation said that there is no longer a need to visit Mumbai and talk to the government as they have conveyed their demands to Maharashtra government delegation. The government has called us for discussions in Mumbai but we don't feel a need
Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis talking to Jarange Patil over a call assured him that those who are responsible for the unfortunate incident of Jalna will be brought to justice, informed Deputy CMO.