The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked the Manipur government and the law enforcement agencies to file a status report on the "recovery of arms made from all sources” so far in the ethnic-violence hit state.
The Supreme Court on Friday directed the Centre and Manipur government to ensure the distribution of basic supplies such as food, medicines, and other essentials to those affected by the Manipur violence so that no citizens are left without basic human facilities.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Director General of Police (DGP) of Manipur to remain present before it on August 7 while saying that there was an “absolute breakdown of law and order and machinery of the State".
DCW chief Swati Maliwal on Sunday said that the Manipur government asked her to postpone her visit as the law and order situation in the state "is not good".
The Manipur Police on Saturday arrested another accused in connection with a viral video which showed two women being paraded naked and sexually assaulted in the state.
While speaking to ANI, Randeep Surjewala said," BJP led Central government and State government in Manipur have been exposed over the current situation in Manipur. This viral video incident happened on May 14. An FIR was registered on May 18. Viral video surfaced on July 18,19.This shows CM
The Commission chairperson has also asked the Manipur DGP Rajiv Singh to invoke the Indian Penal Code (IPC)'s section 376D (gangrape), section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) including others, if found true, against culprits in the FIR.
The Supreme Court on Thursday said it was “deeply disturbed” by the video which has emerged in which two tribal women were seen paraded naked and molested, and asked the Centre and State to take action against the perpetrators.
According to the official notification, this order shall be in force for another five days with immediate effect from the time this suspension order becomes operational till 3:00 PM on July 10.
The schools under the Department of Education (Schools) of the Manipur government on Wednesday reopened and resumed their normal classes for Class 1-8 after more than two months of closure due to ethnic violence that erupted in the hilly state on May 3.