Baloch has announced that a protest camp will be set up in front of the United Nations (UN) offices. She criticised the Islamabad police for profiling the participants and visitors to their camp outside the National Press Club.
The face of the ongoing Baloch protests in Pakistan Mahrang Baloch has said the shutter-down strike in the province is a message to the state to take seriously the demands of the ongoing movement against the Baloch genocide.
The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC), which has been organising these protests, voiced its dissatisfaction over the government's response in a statement shared on social media, according to The Balochistan Post report.
Responding to the media on the issue of police violence against Baloch protesters in Islamabad, the caretaker premier said that some of the people--media persons included--were trying to "mislead everyone, turning themselves into fake heroes of human rights and damaging the state".
The Baloch Yakjahti Committee - Kech's sit-in against "the enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings" at Islamabad's National Press Club entered its 37th day on Monday
Mahrang Baloch, the face of the movement who advocates an end to enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings in the Baloch community, outlined a series of demands during a press conference in Islamabad.
The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC), which is organising the Baloch protest march in Islamabad, accused the police of sabotaging their seminar preparations by switching off their sound system, Dawn reported.
Political activist, Mahrang Baloch, a key figure in the ongoing Baloch protest in Islamabad, has slammed the Pakistani media for its coverage of the protests, according to The Balochistan Post.
The Baloch protestors alleged on Tuesday that three men entered their camp at midnight on Monday and harassed the women who were sleeping there, besides other girls.
The Baloch Yakjehti Committee denied the claims made by the Islamabad government to have released 290 protestors and highlighted that only 160 protestors had been released until now.
The march from Turbat to Islamabad faced numerous challenges, with the state imposing "barriers and arrests," yet the "march united Baloch and revealed the government's oppressive actions," according to the Baloch Yakjahti Committee.
An FIR was registered against several Pashtun political activists including nationalist leader Ali Wazir for welcoming the Baloch Genocide, Balochistan Post reported on Sunday.