A total of twelve bore guns, naxal uniforms, literature, explosives and other naxal materials have been recovered from the spot, the police officials said.
Inspector General (IG) Bastar, P Sundarraj said, "An encounter is ongoing between DRG (District Reserve Guard) and naxals in southern Sukma. An exchange of fire has been underway since morning. The search operation is underway."
Earlier in the day, five Naxalites were killed, and a large cache of weapons was recovered during an ongoing exchange of fire between security forces and Naxals in the Abujhmadh jungle on the Kanker-Narayanpur border in Chhattisgarh.
A joint search operation by the CRPF was launched in Bijapur after receiving information about the presence of Maoists in the Usur-Basaguda-Pamed-Tarrem area on Friday, a statement said.