Former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh on Monday commented on the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) formal request to the International Cricket Council (ICC) to relocate their 2026 Men's T20 World Cup matches from India to alternative venues, citing safety and security concerns.
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor expressed disappointment over the exclusion of Bangladeshi player Muztafizur Rahman from the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026, stating that sports should be kept apart from politics.
After the backlash, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) confirmed on Saturday that the franchise has excluded Bangladeshi player Muztafizur Rahman from its Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026 squad following a directive from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The BCB has also asked the International Cricket Council (ICC) to shift Bangladesh's cricket team matches from India to Sri Lanka. According to the Daily Star, BCB is expected to issue an official statement shortly.
Shiv Sena (UBT) spokesperson Anand Dubey on Sunday welcomed the decision to drop Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman from the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) squad for the 2026 Indian Premier League (IPL) season, asserting that no Bangladeshi cricketer should be allowed to play matches on Ind
Olympic medallist and Indian badminton legend Saina Nehwal has expressed support for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decision to ask three-time IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) to release Bangladesh pacer Mustafizur Rahman ahead of the 2026 Indian Premier League (IP
Earlier in the day, BCCI secretary Devajit Saikia told ANI that BCCI had asked KKR to release Mustafizur Rahman "due to the recent developments" and had permitted the franchise to replace him. Mustafizur was picked by KKR for Rs 9.20 crore at the IPL auction in December last year.
Former India cricketer Atul Wassan believes that blaming Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) co-owner Shah Rukh Khan is unfair and removing one player will not make any difference after the BCCI's directive to release Bangladesh cricketer Mustafizur Rahman from the Kolkata-based franchise's roster.
Earlier in the day, BCCI Secretary Devajit Saikia told ANI that the apex cricket body had instructed the Kolkata-based franchise to remove Mustafizur from their roster "due to the recent developments." Saikia added that the board would permit KKR to name a replacement player in accordance
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on Saturday confirmed that it has excluded Bangladeshi player Muztafizur Rahman from its IPL 2026 squad after the Board of Control for Cricket in India's directive.
Various opinions have been raised on Bangladesh cricketer Mustafizur Rahman being picked by KKR for the IPL 2026 season. Rahman was picked up by the Kolkata-based franchise for a whopping Rs 9.20 crore at the IPL auction in December last year.