"I am announcing the establishment of Operation Prosperity Guardian, an important new multinational security initiative under the umbrella of the Combined Maritime Forces and the leadership of its Task Force 153, which focuses on security in the Red Sea," Austin said in a statement.
"The USS Carney has been involved in multiple engagements in the Red Sea involving Houthi attacks on commercial vessels today. In at least two circumstances, the Carney successfully shot down [unmanned aerial vehicles] headed in its direction," the official said.
Washington [US], March 26 (ANI) The United States condemns the Houthi attacks on civilian infrastructure and facilities in several Saudi Arabian cities, White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said in a statement on Friday (Local Time).
New York [US], March 22 (ANI/Xinhua): UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemns the recent Houthi-claimed attacks on civilian targets in Saudi Arabia, a UN spokesman said on Monday.
New Delhi [India], January 28 (ANI): Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi reaffirmed on Friday that the Government of India is initiating steps to get back seven Indian sailors who were on board the UAE flagged cargo vessel Rwabee seized by the Houthis earlier this
New York [US], January 22 (ANI): The members of the UN Security Council on Friday strongly condemned Monday's "heinous terrorist attacks" in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), as well as in other sites in Saudi Arabia.
Washington [US], October 15 (ANI/Sputnik): US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met and discussed with Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud matters concerning the conflict in Yemen and recent Houthi attacks against Saudi Arabia, the State Department said in a press release.
Riyadh [Saudi Arabia], Sept 15 (ANI): The recent drone attacks on two Saudi oil facilities have affected the production of 5.7 million barrels of crude oil per day, the state-owned oil giant announced on Saturday.
Abha [Saudi Arabia], July 2 (ANI): One Indian was among nine people who sustained injuries in the attack by Yemen's Houthis rebels on the Abha International Airport here on Tuesday.