Army Chief General Manoj Pande on Wednesday emphasised self-reliance in military production, stating that it is important that the country is able to source sustenance equipment like ammunition indigenously and develops its own capabilities and adequate thrust is being laid in this direct
The Indian Army is going to organize a tri-services demonstration of made-in-India weapon systems and platforms in an exercise named 'Bharat Shakti' at Pokharan, Rajasthan on March 12.
The geopolitical landscape is characterised by unprecedented changes today and nations are showing willingness to resort to the use of hard power to secure their interests, Indian Army chief General Manoj Pande said.
General Manoj Pande, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), will embark on a four-day official tour to the United States of America, starting February 13, an official statement from the Ministry of Defence said on Monday.
Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Pande on Thursday attended the Commemoration Parade of Reunion and the Commemoration of Bombay Sappers' War Memorial Centenary here in Pune.
Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande on Monday said that the violence levels have come down in the last year along the Line of Control (LoC), adding that the army will relentlessly pursue its operations to counter terrorists alongside the LoC and hinterland.
While maintaining that the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) remains stable 'but sensitive', Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Pande on Monday said that in the last one year there haven't had any more friction areas between India and China.
General Manoj Pande, Chief of Army Staff on Monday highlighted the military prowess of the Indian Army and also showcased the Indian Army's efforts to transform into a future-ready, technology-driven, lethal and agile force.
Addressing the people on the 76th Army Day, General Manoj Pande said that due to peace talks with local insurgent groups, there have been positive development in the North-east region.
General Pande's remarks at his annual press conference on Thursday that "our attempt is to continue talks (with China) to go back to the status quo ante which existed in the middle of 2020" are a reminder that the Chinese continue to deny Indian troops access to 2,000 square kilometres of