The surrender took place under the state government's rehabilitation initiative titled "Poona Margham: Punarvas Se Punarjeevan" (Return to the Mainstream: Social Reintegration through Rehabilitation), which focuses on reintegrating former extremists and welfare-based measures. Officials s
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai on Tuesday applauded the security forces for fighting against Naxalism within the last two years, under the administration of the BJP government, after 12 Naxals surrendered and laid down their weapons before the security forces in Rajnandgaon to
A total of 12 Maoists have been killed in an exchange of fire during an anti-Naxal operation along the Bijapur-Dantewada border in Chhattisgarh's Bastar region, officials said on Wednesday.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Bijapur Jitendra Yadav said a joint search operation was launched in the West Bastar Division area by teams of District Reserve Guard (DRG) Dantewada-Bijapur, STF, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA), during
According to officials, the surrendered cadre collectively carried a reward of Rs 89 lakh. Police said the group had been active across multiple districts and was involved in several major acts of violence, recruitment drives, and extortion networks.
CM Yadav announced that the younger brother of late Inspector Ashish Sharma will be appointed as a sub-inspector and a financial assistance of Rs 1 crore will be given to the family. Additionally, a park and stadium will also be built in the memory of the officer.
ITBP Director General Praveen Kumar honoured the prestigious award to the battalion's Commandant Vivek Kumar Pandey and BP Badaya during the force's Raising Day Director General's Parade held today in Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir.
The encounter took place in a dense forest near Dongargarh under the jurisdiction of Bortalab Police Station in Rajnandgaon district, Chhattisgarh. The Hawk Force Inspector has been identified as Ashish Sharma, a resident of Bohani village in Narsinghpur district and he was serving in Bal
After top Maoist commander Madvi Hidma was neutralised by security forces on Tuesday, Congress leader TS Singh Deo welcomed the development and termed it a "major step" in the ongoing anti-Naxal operations.