The Rouse Avenue Court on Thursday acquitted former Congress MP Sajjan Kumar in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case linked to Janakpuri and Vikas Puri police stations.
On Monday, at the Chattogram Divisional Speedy Trial Tribunal, Judge Zahidul Haque ordered the commencement of the trial at the conclusion of the hearing.
Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi have appealed their Toshakhana 2 conviction in the Islamabad High Court, calling it politically motivated. They challenged the investigation, trial process and application of Toshakhana rules, seeking to overturn the 17-year sentences and secure acquittal.
Commenting on the proceedings, the survivor's advocate TB Mini said, "I am expecting judgment not only in this case but also in the case relating to the memory card and cases of contempt. The court had already said that Pulsar Suni and five others had committed the offence."
Addressing a press conference in Kannur, Vijayan also wondered about the "strange" remarks made earlier in the day by Congress MP and convenor of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF) convenor Adoor Prakash, who said that he believed actor Dileep has "got justice."
Kerala Health Minister Veena George responded to UDF Convenor Adoor Prakash's statement on actor Dileep, stating that the party has a policy against women and underlined that the government stands with the victim.
Speaking to ANI, Muraleedharan said, "That's the judgment of the court. If the woman feels she did not receive full justice, then, on her behalf, the government may file an appeal. The government should do that. I hope that the government will do that."
As Actor Dileep was acquitted in the 2017 actress assault case, his advocate B Raman Pillai on Monday termed the evidence against his client "bogus," calling the case a "conspiracy" against the actor.
Actor Dileep on Monday expressed profound gratitude to his family, supporters and legal team after a trial court in Kerala's Ernakulam acquitted him of all charges in the 2017 sexual assault case.
"We watch a carefully crafted screenplay unfold so cruelly now," Parvathy, a founding member of the Women in Cinema Collective, said in a post on her Instagram.
The Kerala Government has decided to appeal against the trial court's judgment in the 2017 actress rape and abduction case, which acquitted Malayalam actor Dileep of all charges in the matter.
Ernakulam Sessions Court on Monday found six accused guilty in the 2017 actress rape and abduction case on charges of rape, conspiracy, abduction, and other offences.