The registration of pilgrims and operation of the Chardham Yatra, which was stopped from September 1 to 5 due to bad weather and continuous rain, is being restarted from Saturday.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister's Secretary and Garhwal Division Commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey on Monday announced that the Char Dham Yatra and Hemkund Sahib Yatra have been postponed until September 5.
Marking four years as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami on Thursday said that the Char Dham Yatra is progressing smoothly and tourism in the state is witnessing rapid growth. Emphasising the importance of Uttarakhand as Devbhoomi, the land of the gods, Dhami said the sta
Speaking to ANI, Uttarkashi District Magistrate Prashant Arya said, "Due to a cloud burst in Silai Band on the Barkot-Yamunotri Marg of Uttarkashi district, a hotel under construction has suffered heavy damage. Eighty-nine workers staying at this under-construction hotel site are missing.
While speaking to ANI, Garhwal Division Commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey said that the pilgrimage had been halted temporarily as a precautionary measure. "I have given instructions to the police and administration officials to stop the pilgrims in Haridwar, Rishikesh, Srinagar, Rudrapray
In a remarkable display of faith and devotion, the Uttarakhand Char Dham Yatra has attracted immense enthusiasm from devotees across India and overseas.
This network will not only operate continuously in disaster or any dire situation, but it also has the facility of mobile data, voice calling, high quality CCTV visuals and WiFi.
The Char Dham Yatra 2025 officially began on April 30, with the doors of Gangotri and Yamunotri Dham opening on Akshaya Tritiya amid Vedic chants and rituals. On May 2 the doors of Kedarnath were opened.